People are sneezing and sniffing everywhere. The biggest germ offender? The tube. That place is germ-heaven, and Londoners seem to enjoy encouraging it by coughing freely and joyfully over other commuters… Have people heard of tissues?!
Because of this the dreaded cold is everywhere; and whether you have one, or are trying to fend one off you, better make this juice! Your body will seriously thank you. So will your friends/family/boyfriend/girlfriend/’bae’ (not to be confused with the Danish version). This cold-fighting juice contains produce which will help relieve symptoms and help your body restore itself:
- Carrots are loaded with vitamins C and A. Both assist immune function and keeping the mucus membranes healthy. Through this your cells are better able to react to nasty invaders and fight off illness
- Ginger relives the pains of a cold: sore throat, inflammation of the mucous membranes and coughing
- Cayenne pepper contains a high concentration of capsaicin, which gives off heat and aids congestion relief
- Lemon juice is high in vitamin C and combined with its peel acts as a super immune booster
- Kale is full of phytonutrients which help combat inflammation and its also the Queen of vitamin A
… And the strawberry looks cute.
So basically this is a ninja juice… Germs approach with caution.
Ingredients Serves 2
- 5 carrots
- 75g kale
- 3 stalks celery
- 1/2 lemon
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled
- pinch Cayenne pepper
- Simply push everything through your juicer
- Drink immediately
This is exactly what the doctor ordered! But I must ask – do you juice with a juicer, or do you blend to use the full veg/fruit?