200g unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla Extract
3 medium eggs
180g plain flour
50g unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
125g unsweetened cocoa powder
200g unsalted butter
180ml whole milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 180ºc. Grease a cake tin, ideally 20cm circumference
- Beat the butter, dextrose and vanilla until creamy
- Add one egg at a time, beating well after each addition
- Alternatively fold in the buttermilk, flour, cocoa and bicarbonate of soda until well combined
- Spoon the batter into the prepared cake tin
- Bake the cake for 50 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Allow to cool for 15 minutes and then turn out to cool completely on a wire rack
- For the icing, combine the dextrose, cocoa powder, butter, whole milk and vanilla extract. Use an electric whisk if possible. If the mixture is too dry, add more milk. If the mixture is too sloppy, add more dextrose.
- Cut the cake in half. Spoon 1/3 mixture into the middle and spread, sandwiching the two halves together. Spread the remaining mixture on the top of the cake… Happy Eating!
Mmm what a lovely cake!
Would love to access your blueberry rock cakes recipe, but the link isn’t working ;(
Thanks for letting me know – I am amending now… let me know if it still doesn’t work – enjoy the cakes! 🙂