Seriously, you chuck everything in a pan and leave it to boil for 15 minutes. There is one chopping board and one pan to wash up – and you can take leftovers to work the next day. Also it is completely delicious, healthy, versatile and low fructose! We are on for a winner here.
As mentioned in my last post, I have been super busy lately which can make it hard to cook a decent meal. I have used this recipe frequently and swapped ingredients here and there – in particular I have added whatever vegetables I have to bulk it up with goodness. I don’t really have anything more to say about this one… its that simple!
Ingredients (Serves 3-4)
- 300g conchiglie pasta (or any sauce holding pasta, such as rigatoni, lumache or penne)
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 5 tbsp tomato paste
- 200g tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 tbsp olives
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Handul basil leaves
- 2-3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for drizzling
- Chicken or vegetable stock pot
- 1 ltr water
- Combine the pasta, mushrooms, tomato paste, chickpeas, olives, garlic, paprika, basil, olive oil, stock pot, seasoning and water in a large straight-sided frying pan
- Bring the water to a boil over high heat
- Keep the pan at a steady boil over a medium heat, stirring frequently. Cook until the pasta is al dente, about 10-15 minutes
- Garnish with basil and plenty of parmesan
My kind of meal!!!!!
Yum and Easy.
This is my kind of dish and going to make over weekend . Thanks xxxxxx
Hi Jess, I am going to enjoy following you and will pass on your blog to Craig
Hi Esther, lovely to see you are following my blog, it has made my day!! I hope Craig enjoys it too 🙂 Take care and sending lots of love xxx
Yum this sounds like a brilliant one for quick dinners for us and the kids, gonna give this a go tomorrow
Brilliant, let me know if its a success with the kids! x