Can you ever be more shocked than when you hear a friend doesn’t like ‘Terry’s Chocolate Orange’?! It is simply de rigueur and you should probably consider disowning them… I mean, it is the most delicious thing EVER. This was my inspiration for these cookies. The great thing about these biscuits is that they really do feel like a treat – they are rich and intensely chocolatey, plus super simple to make. In fact, the most challenging part of this recipe is having the self-restraint to not eat the whole batch in 10 minutes. I know I failed…
150g plain flour
80g unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2tsp baking powder
125g unsalted butter
2tbsp orange juice
1 orange’s rind
- In a bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and cocoa power. Set this aside.
- In a separate bowl, using either an electric whisk or elbow grease, beat the butter and dextrose to reach a creamy texture. Beat in the egg.
- Mix in the dry ingredients and add the orange juice and zest.
- Put the batter into the fridge and allow it to chill for about 20 minutes. Whilst you are waiting preheat the oven to 200°c.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Measure rounded tablespoons of batter and place onto prepared baking sheets. Flatten each ball slightly.
- Bake the cookies for about 12 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.