Okay, we are visiting the savoury corner and boy is it a pleasant stay…This baked frittata is easy to make, full of goodness, and super tasty. You can substitute pretty much any vegetables and any cheese you like within this recipe as it is foolproof! Also, it is great served hot or cold, so you can take any leftovers the following day in the lunchbox alongside a little salad.
This recipe bakes a large frittata in a baking tin. However, if you are making for one, then make ‘frittatinis’! – simply follow the standard method, however divide your mixture into a muffin tin, bake for half the allotted time, and you have individual portions. The great thing about this, is you can batch and freeze – speedy brekkie/brunch/lunch/dinner for uno!
Ingredients (serves 6)
100g edamame beans
- Preheat oven to 180°c and grease a baking tin (I use 35cmx35cm)
- Dice the onion and fry slowly in some olive oil over a medium heat. Keep stirring occasionally when prepping the rest of the ingredients
- Whisk up the eggs in a bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper
- Coarsely grate the courgette
- Add the vegetables to the eggs and mix thoroughly
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin and then crumble the feta evenly on the top
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set and slightly browned on top – serve warm or cold