For cereal lovers, going sugar free is tough. Although cereals seem healthy they are packed with added sugar, which makes them so addictive. The great thing is I have a solution! This granola is not only delicious but a fantastic way to start your day – packed full of nuts and oats it is crammed with essential nutrients and will keep you full until lunch.
Plus, if its speed you are after, then whip up a batch of this, chuck it in a bowl every morning, add some yoghurt and fruit, and you are off!
300g mixed nuts (I used brazils, cashews, almonds, walnuts and hazlenuts)
100g pumpkin seeds
300g traditional oats (whole oats)
100g coconut flakes
2tsp cinnamon (optional)
80g either coconut or olive oil
5 tablespoons brown rice syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper
- Chop up all the nuts roughly and mix with the seeds, oats, coconut flakes and cinnamon
- Melt the oil and brown rice syrup together and pour onto granola mix, Mix until well combined
- Spread out mixture evenly on baking tray. Try to ensure that there is one thin layer so that the granola is baked evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then leave to cool before breaking up and storing in an air tight container. Keep for up to 10 days
Pingback: Survival Series: Breakfast | Beyond the Sugar Veil
Recipe looks really good, but where can I get rice syrup?
Hi! You can buy it from most health food stores, including Holland and Barrrets!
What is the conversion to cups/teaspoons, please?
Pingback: The Breakfast Club | Beyond the Sugar Veil